Mobile-C: a Multi-Agent Platform for Mobile C/C++ Agents
MobileC for Raspberry Pi and ARM based Computers
MobileC has been ported to Raspberry Pi and ARM based Computers.
It is bundled in
MobileC hosted in public git repository
MobileC is now hosted in public git repository
MobileC v2.1.5 Released
- Converted build system to use CMake
- Fixed some memory leaks
- Added function mc_AgentDataShareRetrieve()
MobileC v2.1.4 Released
- Modified internal linked list structure to be simpler, more responsive, and
- Fixed some bugs related to deletion of agents
- Added Mobile-C queue locking functions. These functions may be used to
ensure that agents residing in a queue remain there as long as the queue is
- Added a convenience function called MC_AgentProcessingBegin() and
MC_AgentProcessingEnd(), which should be called before and after user-space
agent processing functions.
MobileC v2.1.3 Released
- Added missing makefile for Windows
- Fixed some Windows syntax errors
- Fixed some memory leaks
- Fixed some segfaults related to buffer initialization, message structure
MobileC v2.1.2 Released
- Fixed some include files and preprocessor logic that caused a syntax error
- MC_DeleteAgent now flushes an agent from the agency after terminating it.
- Added API functions to allow agents to carry files with them as they
migrate. The new API functions are MC_AgentAttachFile(),
MC_AgentListFiles(), MC_AgentRetrieveFile(), and their "mc_" counterparts.
MobileC v2.1.1 Released
- Fixed a preprocessing bug that caused a syntax error on Linux systems w/out
the readline library
- Modified the MC_Initialize() function to detect uninitialized MC_options
- Fixed several bugs w/ the Windows Bluetooth operation of Mobile-C
- Updated the persistent agent demo
MobileC v2.1.0 Released
- Modified persistent agents so that the agent thread does not terminate if
the agent is persistent. This allows thread specific resources to be
maintained, which is especially uselful in some Win32 applications.
MobileC v2.0.7 Released
- Added API function MC_AddAgentInitCallback()
- Fixed numerous compiler warnings
MobileC v2.0.6 Released
- Fixed numerous memory leaks related to the Mobile-C data structures
- Fixed bugs in MC_End() including:
- MC_End() now deallocates the Ch interpreters properly
- MC_End() now closes the listening socket properly
- Fixed bind() errors.
MobileC v2.0.5 Released
- Fixed some bugs related to the Mobile-C command line
- Updated some old demo code that was still using deprecated functions
- Added experimental testing script to automatically test demos
MobileC v2.0.4 Released
- Fixed a bug where mc_ComposeAgent calls a deprecated function.
- Fixed the mc_compose_agent_example demo.
MobileC v2.0.3 Released
- Fixed configuration files to allow Mobile-C to build on machines that do
not have Bluetooth support.
MobileC v2.0.2 Released
- Added experimental Bluetooth support for Mobile-C agencies.
MobileC v2.0.1 Released
- Fixed bug in function MC_SendAgent() where the agents would not be
sent to the correct destination.
- Updated some demos and documentation to use MC_SendAgent*() instead
of MC_SendAgentMigrationMessage*(), which is now deprecated.
MobileC v2.0.0 Released
- Major changes to the organization and presentation of the User's guide
- Added new API function to append tasks onto existing agents, called
- Deprecated the MC_SendAgentMigrationMessage*() functions. All demos
have been changed to use MC_SendAgentFile() instead.
- Reorganized the "demos" directory, and modified the entire project to use
Windows Makefiles instead of "vcproj" files.
- Numerous fixed bugs and memory leaks.
MobileC v1.10.12 Released
- Added a new command to the Mobile-C command line called "compose_send".
The new command composes a function out of a C file and sends it to
a Mobile-C agency.
- Fixed a memory error regarding the storage of the local hostname. This
would sometimes cause instability or crashes when using functions
such as the 'compose_send' command from the Mobile-C command line.
- Fixed memory read error in Mobile-C command line.
MobileC v1.10.11 Released
- Changed order of function arguments for secure ComposeAgent functions
- Added demo and documentation for MC_AddStationaryAgent() for treating
binary space functions as Agents with full access to the Mobile-C agent
- Fixed bugs regarding intepreter initializations and the api function
MobileC User's Guide Updated
- The Mobile-C User's guide has been updated to reflect changes in version
1.10.10. The new documentation has also been updated with more information
regarding setting up custom build environments for building Mobile-C.
MobileC v1.10.10 Released
- Renamed the 'ComposeAgent' family of functions to 'ComposeAgentS'. Reverted
the API functions argument list to old form, without workgroup codes. This
was done to preserve backward compatability with Mobile-C versions 1.10.8
MobileC v1.10.9 Released
- Improved performance of the Mobile-C Networking code. Agent migrations
now occur at an improved rate.
- Improved performance of running a large number of agents at a time.
- Added conceptual agent "workgroups" where each agent may store a secret
"workgroup code". Only agents that share a certain workgroup code may
perform certain operations on each other, such as agent deletion and
data retrieval. This prevents random, malicious agents from interacting
with workgroup-enabled agents in a bad way.
- Mobile-C now pre-initialized a number of interpreters for increased
performance. Number of preloaded interpreters may be adjusted in the
Mobile-C Options structure passed into MC_Initialize().
- Numerous bugfixes.
MobileC v1.10.8 Released
- Added new Security Module written by Najmus Malik. Use the
"--enable-security=yes" option during the configure step to enable the
security module. See the demos in demos/hello_world_secure and
demos/multi_task_example_secure , as well as Chapter 9 in the
- Added MC_MigrateAgent() and mc_MigrateAgent(). These functions allow an
agent to dynamically choose where and when it wants to migrate from
within the agent code space.
- Fixed bug where if an agent has multiple tasks on the same host (in
succession), the agent will be renamed due to a spurious name collision.
MobileC v1.10.7 Released
- Changed the way agent migration message files are parsed and sent. Before,
the files were not parsed at all before being sent. Now, agent xml files are
fully parsed before being sent. This means that the syntax checking for the
agent xml files will be more strict. Some agent xml files in the demos have
been updated to reflect this.
- Added more documentation regarding persistent agents and the Ch Mobile-C
Package, which is required for agent FIPA ACL communication.
MobileC v1.10.6 Released
Changed the way agent migration message files are sent. The XML files are
now fully parsed into agents before being sent.
Fixed a number of memory leaks.
MobileC v1.10.5 Released
- Fixed MC_RetrieveAgent() : The function no longer returns a shallow copy
of the retrieved agent, but a pointer to the actual agent.
- Added a new demo example at "demos/multi_data_retrieval"
MobileC v1.10.4 Released
- Added function MC_CallAgentFunc which takes a variable number of
MobileC v1.10.3 Released
- Added documentation about Mobile-C and 64 bit architecture machines.
- Added example for MC_ComposeAgent API function at
MobileC v1.10.2 Released
- Fixed a bug regarding large agents and http/tcp protocol causing EOF
errors, particularly on Gumstix systems.
- Added FIPA enumerations to libmc.h so that they may be accessed by
including only libmc.h.
- Updated documentation to reflect previous change.
- Upgraded included xyssl package from version 0.7 to 0.9. This fixes
a Mac compile-time error regarding xyssl.